Thursday, September 23, 2010

the backsplash redux


Math is not my favorite thing. But I know a bad subway tile layout when I see one. And I saw one. And it was in my kitchen. This subway tile hot mess led to a weekend of calculations, layouts, fractions and obsessions.


As well as some construction paper subway tile fun. Mmm. Crafts.


And finally, a real pro, who was bemused by my calculations, came to save our backsplash. I've been obsessing over these layouts and calculations, I said to him. I can see that, he said. After about a half hour of discussions and measurements and lasers and shiftings, we had lift off.


Above the range! Soon to be partially covered by a hood.


And around the corner and down the wall. I think this is my new favorite nook.


Corners! Without slivers.


And even more corners that are sliver-free.


One place where slivers were most welcome was between the cabinets and door trim. Love it.


Can't wait to throw sauce all over it.

No comments: