Thursday, September 16, 2010

the backsplash disaster


Backsplash! It's like the homestretch, isn't it? Yes, except when it isn't. It could become the bane of your existence. I have always loved subway tile for as long as I can remember, and I couldn't wait to see our tile installed. But instead, I came home to a hackjob. Literally. Our handmade Waterworks subway tile was reduced to slivers and snaggelies, and I lost it. Lost it, I tell you! How do you like this beautiful job in the corner to the left of our range?


Or perhaps this corner next to the sink is more your taste. Once that side wall gets tiled, it will create quite lovely lines where tile meets snaggly line.


And to top it off, someone mysteriously turned our once horizontal outlet to be vertical. Needless to say, all that tile got ripped down and we're back where we started.

No comments: