Monday, July 5, 2010

the lighting


I wish I could have two ceiling lights. Alas, no drilling into the concrete ceiling, and no channeling in the structural components. So, one light fixture it is. Needless to say, I spent weeks searching for a bright light, one that could have at least 100 watts, if not 150. One that would spread its light all over, and not just down. And one that would fit the transitional scheme and be the proper height. I first fell in love with this Hicks pendant from Thomas O'Brien. But the big one was too big and the small one was too small and with too low of a wattage. Moving on.


Then I was drawn to the Edwardian open bottom flush mount fixture by Sandy Chapman. But no.


The Clark ceiling light by Thomas O'Brien. What fun! This could add a little traveling by train glamour to the kitchen. That went nowhere. Too tiny.


I didn't want track lighting, and I really didn't want a fixed rail fixture either, although this one is actually kind of nice.


The Westmount, from Schoolhouse Electric. Cute, but...


I had pretty much settled upon this in polished nickel, but then had second thoughts about it being too small and not bright enough. It was purchased and then returned. Doh!


Getting warmer! I love the industrial and clean look of prismatic lights. The single prismatic standard light by Urban Archaeology. Pricey!


Obsessed over these for awhile, from Barn Light Electric, but only in polished aluminum.


Finally! The Haverhill pendant from Hudson Valley fit the bill, and now she sits in a box in our dusty living room awaiting the end.

No comments: