Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the install

After a week's delay, the cabinets are finally getting installed! And it's a glorious site. I can't believe they are actually in the kitchen and it makes me feel like things are moving along...that we're not just living with a newly installed floor as our only accomplishment after practically a month.

There was much banging and drilling and other crazy machine like noises that I could not bring myself to look into. As well as some curses of "Oh sh-t! Oh sh-t!" Great. The cabinet installer is cursing over what a masterpiece he has created, right? Right?! When I inquired, he said there were no problems, everything's going well.

And as far as I can see, things seem in order.


Hello, bases. You please me, yes you do.


And hello, uppers. How nice you look up close to the ceiling.


The left side of the kitchen. Sitting pretty.


And the right side of the the kitchen. Hello, lover.

No comments: