Friday, August 20, 2010

the delay


Doh! Our first real delay. And it involves the cabinets!! Nooooo....Here I was, for the last three months, living with the deadline of August 23rd in mind. That was the day the cabinets were to arrive. That was the day I kept anxiously telling every worker: Will this be done by then? This has to be done by then! The cabinets are coming, people! THE CABINETS ARE COMING! (Clap your hands for emphasis here.) I mean, I was seriously the Paul Revere of kitchen cabinetry. Until I wasn't.

I found out today that, due to delays because of another job, our cabinets will in fact, NOT be coming on Monday. They will be delivered next Thursday, sit God knows where in our apartment, and be installed next Friday and the following Monday. What?! Horrors. I'll have an entire weekend to freak out with my half installed cabinets.

No comments: