Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the yard


A sunny and brisk day in early March was the setting for our trip to the granite yard: All Granite and Marble in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey.


I covet marble, but know that that is not practical for me. So I was set on finding some white/gray granite. This one was pretty gray, but a little too busy.


I fear it somehow might look too 80s.


Can you just slide out that middle one for me, over there, kind sir?


Pretty! A white granite, with the look of marble, but it's actually a granite/quartz mixture: quartzite. There were a few that were very similar to this slab, and the guy broke off some pieces for us.


I take my favorite samples home to observe.



The quartzite is pretty and actually, quite sparkly with flecks of shininess everywhere.


Hello, Mr. Sparkle. We reserved a slab of this one for now, but might change our minds.


And this was the one that I thought was 80s looking for some reason.

No comments: