Thursday, January 28, 2010

the beginning


We are renovating our sweet little galley kitchen. *pet pet pet* I like the kitchen. It's comfortable, the layout is functional and it's not too ugly. But there is a lot of wasted space, and my life seems to revolve around storage. "How can I store it?" seems to be my first query for everything.

I have never gone through my own renovation before, and I'm nervous, excited and overstimulated all at once. This is a broker's photo of the kitchen when the apartment was for sale. It's a 1950's-era galley kitchen that is 7'2.5" wide x 8'3" with original metal cabinets, white formica countertops, white square tiles as the backsplash, black square tiles on the floor, a broken dishwasher, a half-broken Magic Chef range, a white Kohler sink and a Hotpoint refrigerator, all encased in minty green walls...



Before moving in, we painted the kitchen white and everything else is as-is.


I can't stand having to put things on top of the cabinets. It's a pet peeve of mine...even when people put decorative plants and such up there. It is no-man's land to me.


The broken 24-inch dishwasher currently holds extra paper towels, napkins and a yogurt maker. Good times.

No comments: